Books & Resources
APHA is the foremost publisher of public health-related books and periodicals. The following titles represent an informative selection of prevention and wellness, related topics for NPHW.
|Preventing Childhood Obesity in Early Care and Education, Second Edition is the new set of national standards describing evidence-based best practices in nutrition, physical activity, and screen time for early care and education programs. The standards are for all types of early care and education settings - centers and family child care homes.|
Designing Healthy Communities with host and narrator Dr. Richard J. Jackson, MD, MPH is a public television multi-media project providing a provocative and challenging view of the impact of the built environment has on our public health - how we live, where we live, and what we must change to improve the quality of life for individuals and communities.
The Designing Healthy Communities book offers a new perspective on the topics covered in each episode while providing a roadmap and tools for readers to effect similar positive change in their own communities.
NPHW Partnership Meetings
- APHA Affiliate and Component Partner Meeting
- NPHW General Partner Meeting
- NPHW Student Partner Meeting
- Social Media Webinar
- Centers for Disease Control: National Center for Injury Prevention and Control
- Join Together
- Let’s Move!
- National Institutes of Health: Office of Disease Prevention
- National Institutes of Health: Reproduction and Sexual Health
- National Prevention, Health Promotion and Public Health Council
- Planned Parenthood of America
- Prevention Institute
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- The Guide to Community Preventive Services
- Trust for America’s Health
- United States Department of Agriculture